Bellingcat is Hiring: Training and Admin Assistant (remote-based)
Bellingcat is an international collective of researchers and citizen journalists who use verifiable digital information to investigate a broad range of topics, validate facts and uncover wrongdoing. We apply an evidence-based method with maximum transparency and make our findings public to advance justice, transparency and accountability. We cooperate, share and train others to leverage and spread our knowledge, build networks and expand the community of evidence-based researchers.
Collaboration: We work as a team and believe that the collective is stronger than any individual
Curiosity: We dig through digital data and choose our research topics independently
Tenacity: We value the process of searching for the truth and we persist
Diversity: We welcome a variety of people to sharpen our ideas and broaden our investigations
Innovation: We develop and share tools and methods to benefit all, not just a few
Integrity: We are honest and professional in our work and as individuals
JOIN OUR WORK
We have created a unique field where advanced technology, forensic research, journalism, investigative work, transparency and accountability come together. Do you want to be part of this exciting adventure? We are looking for a (part-time) training and admin assistant to join our team by working remotely (or from our headquarters in The Netherlands).
You are a reliable, passionate and motivated multi-tasker with excellent (written and verbal) communication skills. Your main goal is to organize and ensure the smooth handling of Bellingcat’s training workshops and, where necessary, assist with other administrative tasks (financial or logistical).
As Bellingcat training & admin assistant, you are professional, attentive and highly accurate. Your main tasks are to communicate (via email) with both participants and trainers, organize (online) training sessions from start to finish as well as support the administration of training workshops where necessary. You must also be willing to give overall administrative support. We are looking for candidates who are team players, enjoy finding solutions to various logistical challenges, are comfortable in a multicultural setting, feel confident using multiple software programs and excel when cooperating with others.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Handling (email) communication with interested participants in training workshops
- Organizing training workshops (both online and potentially in-person). For example, making sure workshops have the desired number of participants, all participants receive necessary details, communication with trainers etc.
- Cooperate closely with the Head of Training and other trainers in making sure the workshop program is set and communicated to participants
- Cooperate closely with the financial administrator to coordinate payments and other necessary administrative tasks
- Assist the global team in other administrative tasks if necessary (email communication, assisting in booking locations/hotels/flights, others)
- Assist the global team in other project tasks if necessary (communication with partners, support in project proposals, others)
- Fluency in English is required, although we strongly encourage candidates who are non-native English speakers to apply
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Demonstrated experience in working for an international organisation
- Prior experience in administration or coordination of projects through email correspondence. Financial administration experience is preferred, although not required
- Experience in using Word, Excel and Powerpoint. Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge and use of the latest mobile phone technology (specifically chat applications and others), as well as event management software (Eventzilla) is preferred
- Desire to be proactive and create a positive customer experience and team collaboration
- Bellingcat strives to be an equal opportunity employer. We are open for candidates who have acquired the necessary skills, even in unusual ways. We value experience and knowledge more than formal education in case candidates have certificates that are not recognized in Europe. To reflect the diversity of our international community, we encourage candidates from Latin America, Asia, Africa and the Middle East to apply.
Send a resume and motivation letter before 7 September 2020 to Business Director, at email@example.com